• 1/2 kg – minced Beef
• 3 – large Potatoes boiled and peeled and mashed
• 1/2 tsp – ground Cinnamon
• 1 tsp – Garlic paste
• 2 – Onions chopped finely
• 1 tsp – black ground pepper powder
• 1 tbsp – Vinegar
• 1 tbsp – chopped fresh Mint leaves (or dry mint)
• 2 – Green chillies finely chopped
• 2 tbsp – flour
• 2 – eggs beaten
• 4 tbsp – breadcrumbs
• Oil for deep fry
• Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a suitable pan and saute the onions for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mince, salt, pepper, cinnamon, garlic paste, mint, green chillies and vinegar and cook on medium heat till the mince is cooked and dry.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and allow the cooked mince to cool.
- When cold, mix the cooked mince with the mashed potato.
- Heat sufficient oil in frying pan for deep fry.
- Using floured hand, make small lemon sized balls with the mince and potato mixture.
- Dip each meat ball in the beaten eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry the mince balls till golden brown.
- Serve as a side dish or as a snack with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White