• 1 liter – Milk
• 1/2 kg- carrots, peeled and grated
• 5-6 – green Cardamom (chhoti ilaichi)
• 1/2 cup – Rice
• 1/2 cup – Sugar (more according to taste)
• A few drops of kewra essence
• Dry fruits for garnishing (pista, almond, Coconut grated)
- In a pot, add the milk and boil over very low heat.
- Add the ilaichi seeds and the rice.
- Cook till milk starts to thicken and the rice becomes very soft.
- Add the carrots and sugar and cook more till the water from the sugar has dried and the carrots have become soft.
- Take a hand mixer and lightly mash the contents.
- Just before removing from heat, add few drops of kewra essence.
- Garnish with the chopped dry fruit.
- Serve chilled.