• 1 – cauliflower, broken into big florets.
• 1 – small bunch spring onion, finely chopped
• 2 tsp – ginger, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – Garlic finely chopped
• 1/4 cup – plain flour
• 3 tbsp – cornflour
• 1/4 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 – dry Red Chillies
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 1.5 cups – water
• 1 tbsp – Milk
- Add 1 tbsp of milk to a vessel with plenty of water and boil the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Mix flour with 2 tbsp corn flour, 1/4 tsp each of ginger and garlic, red chilli powder and salt with water to make a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till dark golden-brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli.
- Add salt and spring onions and stir fry.
- Add 1.5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually, add to the gravy and stir continuously.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent.
- Add cauliflower and soya sauce.
- Boil for 2 more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi