• 2 inch piece – Ginger, cut into small pieces
• Mustard Seeds -1tsp
• Oil -3tsp
• Small piece of Jaggery (optional)
• Small Lemon sized Tamarind (little thick juice extracted)
• Roasted and ground to a dry powder:
• 1 tsp- Dhania
• 1 tsp- Raw Rice
• 4 to 5- Red Chillies
• 1 tsp- Till
• 1/2 tsp- Methi seeds
- Put oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering add cut ginger pieces and fry for a while.
- Add extracted tamarind juice and allow it to boil for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Add the powder and jaggery.
- Boil the gravy till you get the required consistency. (it should not be too thick or too watery).
- SServe with hot Rice & Ghee. It is also a good sidedish for milagutal.
Recipe courtesy of Sudha