• 200 grams – fresh Ginger
• 1 kg – Sugar
• 6 – limes (extract the juice)
• 3 pieces – Cinnamon
• 1 – Red Chilli (remove the seeds)
• 4 liters – water
- Peel and wash the ginger and cut into thin slices.
- Make lime juice and keep aside. In a large clean vessel put all the above ingredients together with the water and bring to boil.
- Boil for at least 2 hours first on high then on low heat till the decoction is slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice.
- When cold, strain through a thin cloth, then bottle, and use whenever required.
- This wine will last for almost 3 months and is a good digestive.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White