• 15-20 – Rosary Goan sausages, chopped
• 2 cups – basmati rice, washed and dried on a kitchen cloth for an hour
• 3 cups – water
• 2 – onions, sliced
• 2 – tomatoes, finely chopped
• 2 – green chillies, finely chopped
• 2 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala powder/any pulao masala
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 – Maggi cubes
• Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
• French fries, for garnishing
• Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the sliced onions and saute till soft and pink.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a while.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies and cook till oil separates.
- Add the garam masala/pulao masala, turmeric powder and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the chopped sausages and fry well.
- Add the rice and salt. Stir the rice till it is fully coated with the masala. See that the rice does not break.
- Add 3 cups of water and crumbled Maggi cubes.
- Close the cooker.
- Cook on high flame; after the first whistle, cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with French fries and chopped coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi