Cauliflower and potato cooked with spices
1 large cauliflower
2 medium sized potatoes, cut lengthwise
Oil for frying
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
3 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
1/2 teaspoon kasoori (dried fenugreek leaves) methi powder
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon
1 black cardamom
1-2 green cardamom
1/2 tsp whole black pepper
Chopped coriander for garnishing
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut big cauliflower florets, wash and soak in hot water for 5 minutes.
2. Deep fry potatoes and cauliflower until light golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, whole black pepper and allow it to crackle.
4. Add turmeric powder, fried potatoes, cauliflower, coriander powder, red chilli powder, kasoori methi powder and salt.
5. Mix and cover the pan until done.
6. Add garam masala powder, amchur, mix well and fry for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes