Easy vegetarian enchiladas made with ricotta cheese and spinach
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup chopped spinach
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup white sauce (see in basic)
10 corn tortillas (available in the market)
2 cups enchilada sauce (see in basic)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat butter in a pan, add garlic, onion and fry until transparent.
3. Stir in spinach, and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add white sauce and mix well.
4. Remove from heat, and mix in ricotta cheese, salt and pepper.
5. Spread a layer of enchilada sauce on the tortillas, now place 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture onto the center of each tortilla.
6. Roll in one direction and assemble in a baking dish.
7. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and cheese turns light golden brown.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes