• 1 – cauliflower, whole divided into florets of medium size
• Few – carrots, cut into long pieces
• 3 tbsp – ginger, grated
• 4 tbsp – garlic, grated
• salt to taste
• 2 inch square – Jaggery
• 1/2 cup – vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup – Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 tbsp – Kashmir Red Chilli powder.
- Heat water in a big saucepan and when it begins to boil, switch off the heat and add the cauliflower and carrots to it.
- Leave it for a minute.
- Take out and spread on clean absorbent cloth or paper towel.
- Leave for about an hour so that all the water dries out.
- Now, heat the pan and add oil.
- When it heats up add the ginger garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- To this add chilli powder, jaggery and salt.
- Fry on medium flame for about 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes till it begins to boil.
- Now finally add the vegetables and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Take off from the heat and cool, store in an airtight and dry jar.
- Pickle is ready to eat in another 2-3 hours.
- Eat with dal and rice, paranthas or any sabzi.
Recipe courtesy of Nidhi