• 100 gm – baby corn, husked
• 1 tbsp – flour
• 1/4 tsp – black pepper
• For the Batter:
• 1/4 cup – flour
• 1/2 tsp – Garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp – Ginger paste
• 1 egg, separated
• oil for deep frying
• 1/4 tsp – salt
- Put the corn into the bag. Shake to coat well.
- For Batter: Mix flour, salt and egg yolk and blend to a thick batter adding water, if need be.
- Heat the oil for frying and whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the batter.
- This has to be done just before frying so that the egg whites do not settle down.
- When the oil is hot (a drop of batter dropped in should come up at once), dip corn, one at a time into the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Turn over and lower heat and let fry to a golden brown.
- Transfer on to an absorbent paper.
- Increase the heat a few seconds before adding the new lot.