• 4 bunches – Gongura leaves
• 2.5 tsp- sesame seeds
• 2.5 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp-fenugreek seeds
• 1 tsp- Coriander seeds
• 1 tsp -cumin seeds
• 4-5 – dry Red Chillies
• 3-4- Green chillies
• 2 tbsp -oil
- Wash and clean gongura leaves.
- Then fry them in oil till tender.
- Fry green chillies and keep aside.
- Roast sesame seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and dry red chillies and keep aside. Allow them to cool.
- Then grind them all in a grinder and set aside.
- Now grind the green chillies and gongura leaves to a paste.
- Mix the dry powder, salt and gongura-green chilli paste together and grind again till they mix well. Season it and serve with rice.
- For seasoning: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. When it gets hot, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add 1/2 tsp channa dal and urad dal.
- Fry and add 1-2 dry red chillies.
Recipe courtesy of Rekha