Gujarati Kadhi is a very famous, healthy yogurt based food dish. Kadhi is eaten with Plain Rice, Khichdi and also served with Gujarati Snackes like Fafda, Gota, Papdi and more. In India, Specially in Gujarat, on the occasion of dasehra, last day of navratri, people eat fafda with kadhi and papaya sambharo. Here is the recipe of Guajarati kadhi which is easy, quick, delicious and very tasty.
– 2 cups yogurt
– 2 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
– 4 cups water
– Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
– 2 teaspoon sugar or Jaggery
– 2 tablespoon oil
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 3-4 whole red chilies
– 5-6 curry leaves
– A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
How To Make?
1. In a bowl, add yogurt and beat it. Now, add besan, salt, turmeric powder and sugar to it and mix well.
2. Then add water to it and mix it well and make a lump free batter.
3. Now, add oil in kadai and put it on MEDIUM heat and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds. When they sizzle then add red chili, curry leaves and asafoetida and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now, pour the kadhi batter into this mixture and boil it on HIGH Flame. Stir continuously.
5. When the kadhi starts boiling add salt, red chili powder and sugar to it and cook it for 15 minutes at LOW flame.
6. Transfer kadhi into serving dish and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes