• 1 litre – Milk
• A pinch – citric acid
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1 tbsp – Wheat flour
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• A pinch – Saffron
• Pistachios and Almonds – slivered for decoration
- Make paneer using milk and citric acid. Hang it to drain for about an hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add flour and saute until golden brown
- Add saffron, reduce the flame and add paneer, cook on low flame stirring constantly
- Meanwhile, heat another pan and caramelize sugar until all the sugar melt.
- Then add paneer mix to the caramelized sugar and cook the mix on low heat until the mix coats the back of the spoon. It will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool
- Grease the palms with ghee and make small balls about 1.5 inch in diameter out of the still hot mix and flatten them.
- Decorate with slivered nuts and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Lizy Solanki