Delicious lentils tossed with methi, tomatoes and onion
1 cup moong dal (split green gram)
2 cups fresh methi (fenugreek leaves) chopped
1 chopped onion
1 chopped tomato
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
1/4 teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
2-4 dry red chilli
Salt to taste
2-3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
1. Cook dal and methi with 2-3 cups of water until soft.
2. Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a frying pan, add cumin seeds, dry red chilies and fry for a minute.
3. Add onion and fry until golden brown.
4. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry until oil separates from masala.
5. Add cooked dal, salt, amchur powder, garam masala and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes