• 1 cup – kaddukas vegetable (which may include cabbage, boiled peas, carrots, spinach, onions, coriander)
• Besan – 2 tbsp
• Salt – to taste
• Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Dhaniya powder – 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
• Garam Masala – 1 tsp
• 2 – red Tomatoes (big)
• Water – to steam
• 1 tsp – oil
- After grating all the veggies mix them with besan, salt, chilli powder, dhaniya powder and make a soft dough.
- Make small rounds of that dough.
- Put them in any container in which you can steam the koftas.
- As the koftas are being steamed you can make tomato gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add zeera and then after it starts crackling add tomatoes and all the masala and let the gravy cook.
- Put water and let it come to a boil.
- If need is there gravy can be thickened by putting a bit of corn flour dissolved in water.
- After your gravy is ready and the koftas are steamed, put the dumplings or koftas in the gravy and give it one boil.
- Put garam masala and garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or roti.
Recipe courtesy of Parul