Orange souffle is a classic French recipe. Orange mixed with castor sugar and butter gives tangy flavor to the souffle.
– 2 tablespoon butter
– 1 tablespoon flour
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/2 orange
– 2 tablespoon castor sugar
– 1 1/2 egg yolk
– Egg white of 2 eggs
How To Cook?
1. Pre heat the oven at 250C for 5 minutes
2. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minute.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring continuously and let it boil and cook for 1 minute then remove it from heat.
4. Grate orange rind fine and extract juice of orange. Stir in orange juice and castor sugar into above sauce. Allow the mixture to cool slightly and beat in the egg yolks.
5. Whisk egg whites until stiff and then fold them gently into the egg yolk mixture.
6. spoon the mixture into a greased oven proof dish and bake at approx. 170C for 20-25 minutes.
7. Serve hot decorated with grated orange rind.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 2 Persons