• 1 cup ( 200 g ) – raw Rice flour, dry roasted
• 1.75 cups – water
• 1/2 tsp – Ghee / oil
• 1.5 tsp – extra oil
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/4 cup – grated Coconut ( optional )
- In a pan, boil water with salt and ghee / oil. When the water starts boiling, add rice flour and mix well.
- Keep aside for cooling for 10 minutes.
- Add a tsp of oil to the mix and knead to a soft dough. Divide it into lemon sized balls.
- Lightly grease the idiyappam mould and put 2 lemon sized portions of the rice dough.
- Press out the dough (resembling the noodles) – while moving the mould in a small circle to form a small amount of noodles – on to each of the idiyappam stand / idli steamer. Sprinkle grated coconut (optional).
- Steam for about 10 – 12 minutes in a steamer / pressure cooker ( without weight ) / national-slow cooker or till done.
- Serve with stew / korma or chicken curry.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya