• 1 cup – Urad Dal
• 4 cups – Rice flour
• 2 tsps – Jeera
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
- Dry roast urad daal until a nice aroma comes out and they turn brown.
- Pressure cook it with 2 cups of water for up to 4 whistles.
- Mash the cooked daal to form a paste.
- In a flat vessel, take 4 cups rice flour.
- Add red chill powder, jeera, and salt.
- Add the dal paste and mix everything.
- Add some more water if desired and make a soft dough.
- Put dough in a murukku press and place it into hot oil.
- Deep fry till brow, drain and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Subbalakshmi