Jeera Rice is a Panjabi cuisine which is very popular in North India as an everyday rice dish. It is very simple rice dish with the flavor of cumin seeds temper. Now a days you can easily find jeera rice in every restaurants of India. Jeera Rice is very easy to make and the taste very yummy. Complete your meal with this tempting jeera rice.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
– ? cup basmati rice
– 1 tablespoon ghee
– 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 green cardamom
– ? inch cinnamon stick
– 2 cloves
– A petal of star anise
– 1 ? cups water
– Salt to taste
– 8-10 fried cashews, for garnish
How To Cook?
1. Soak the basmati rice in the water for 20 minutes then drain the excess water from it.
2. Now, in a deep frying pan and heat ghee on a LOW flame. Then, add cumin seeds to it when they start spluttering add bay leaf, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves and a petal of star anise.
3. Now add soaked basmati rice and water in cumin seeds temper.
4. Cover the pan with its lid and cook the rice for about 20 minute or till the rice get cooked well.
5. Your tempting Jeera rice is ready to serve, garnish it with fired cashews.
– Instead of cooking jeera rice in the pan you can also cook it in a pressure cooker to cook it more quickly.