• 2 kg – black jumlums
• 2 kg – Sugar
• 3 litres – water
• 1/2 tsp – active Dry yeast
- Wash the jumlums and lightly crush them with the sugar.
- Add the water and the yeast and store in a stone jar or any other container.
- Leave for 3 weeks stirring the wine every alternate day.
- After 3 weeks crush well and remove the seeds.
- Strain the wine into another vessel.
- Let the wine stand for a week then strain away all the sediments and bottle.
- Use within 4 weeks of making the wine.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White