Kaju Badam Puri is a quick, easy and innovative snack. This puri has tempting and again this is a standalone snack. This puri made with cashew nuts, almonds, sugar, cardamom powder, kesar and milk. It is a very special snack for Diwali festival and also for the parties and a favorite among children for its delectable flavors of cashew nuts and almonds. Learn the way to prepare the popular Indian festival snack, the Kaju Badam Puri.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 3-4 Persons
– 1 ? cups cashew nuts
– 1 ? cups almonds
– 1 ? cups sugar
– 1 ? teaspoons cardamom powder
– A pinch saffron strand
– ? cup milk
How To Cook?
1. Place cashew nuts and almonds in a dry blender and blend them together into a powder.
2. Sieve them and sift the flour into large mixing bowl until an even and fine consistency of powder is achieved.
3. Preheat the oven at 350? F.
4. Meanwhile, take the sieved mixture of cashew nuts and almonds in a mixing bowl and also add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron strands. Mix well.
5. Now, add 2 tablespoons of milk at a time. Mix them well until well combined into a cookie dough.
6. Take two sheets of wax paper and place this dough in between the sheets on a wooden board and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to form a quarter inch thick flat dough.
7. Remove the dough from the sheets and place it on the wooden board, then using any shape cookie cutter, make cookie shape from the dough and place them neatly on a baking tray about 1 inch apart.
8. Bake them in a oven at 350? F for about 10-15 minutes or until done.
9. Savor this kaju badam puri with milk or tea.