Shrikhand is an exotic yogurt based dessert which is eaten with pooris. Shrikhand is very low fat, rich, creamy and taste too good and delicious. Basically shrikhand is a Gujarati sweet dish which is eaten during the special occasions like vrats, puja, festivals like navratri, Diwali, etc. Shrikhand is made with saffron, cardamom and dry fruits.
– 2 3/4 cup yogurt, hung for 2 hours in a muslin clot
– 3/4 cup sugar
– A few stands of saffron (kesar) soaked in 1 tablespoon water
– 4 pieces green cardamom seeds andamp; powder (elaichi)
– 6 pieces of chopped almonds
– 8 pieces of chopped pistachios (pista)
How To Make?
1. Take a large bowl and add yogurt and sugar to it and mix it well.
2. Now, add the ground saffron and half of the green cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios to it and mix it well.
3. Now, pour this mixture into individual bowls and place kesar shrikhand into refrigerator for 1 to 1.30 hours.
4. Now, Garnish Kesar Shrikhand with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutees
Servings: 5-6 Persons