• 200 g – Refined flour or Maida
• 200 g – Butter
• 100 g – Sugar
• A pinch of salt
• 2 eggs beaten well
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• 1 tsp – Lemon essence or 2 tbsp – fresh Lime juice
• 1 cup – fresh Cream whipped with 2 tsp – Sugar
- Beat the butter and sugar together till fluffy.
- Add the eggs and lemon essence or lime juice and continue beating for a few minutes.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven and when cold turn over on a serving dish.
- Decorate with whipped cream.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White