• 1 cup – Large Elbow Macaroni (uncooked)
• 1 tbsp – Tomato Sauce
• 1 tsp – Jeera (Cumin) Powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1 tsp – Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder
• 1/2 tsp – Salt (as per taste)
• 2 tsp – Vegetable Oil
- Boil the macaroni in 2 cups of water on high flame for about 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring from time to time to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add more water if needed.
- Macaroni would expand a little and would be very soft.
- Drain it properly.
- Take a pan and pour two tsp of oil and heat it a little.
- Add drained macaroni to it.
- Use a spoon to evenly spread the oil to the macaroni.
- After a minute, add tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Add jeera powder, garam masala, dhaniya powder and salt.
- Stir well for a couple of more minutes.
- The oil would have dried up by now.
- If not, you can use kitchen towel to dry up excess oil.
- The Macaroni Chaat is ready now.
- It is best served hot.
- You can also squeeze in a lime for taste.
- You can try using macaroni of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Vidya