• 10 – parwals
• 2 – chopped Onions
• 1 inch piece – chopped Ginger
• 7 – Cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 4 tbsp – Cream or malai
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp – Sugar
- Peel the parwals and slit them lengthwise on both sides so that the middle portion is intact.
- Mix salt and turmeric powder and fry the parwals in oil on low flame with the pan covered.
- Fry the onions, ginger and garlic in a separate pan.
- Add the malai or cream and cook until it oozes oil.
- Add the fried parwals, sugar and salt and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the parwals are done, add garam masala powder.
- Serve hot with rice or parantha.
Recipe courtesy of sumita bose