• 1 cup – maida/all-purpose flour
• 1 – ripe banana, medium sized
• 1 to 2 tbsp – curd/yogurt
• 4 to 5 tsp – Sugar
• 1 tsp – Jeera seeds
• 1/2 to 3/4 tsp – baking soda
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• oil for deep frying
- Mash the banana thoroughly with your hands.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except oil, and make a dough. The dough should be like chapatti dough consistency.
- Cover and set aside for 4-5 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Make ping pong sized balls of the dough and pat them in between your palms to make pooris. You can also use a rolling pin.
- Drop the pooris in oil and deep fry on both sides until they turn brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney/sambar.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Ramya