• 1 medium cantaloupe
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – water
• 2 tsp – Lemon juice
- Boil sugar and water, without stirring, till it starts boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Peel and cut cantaloupe into chunks, removing all seeds.
- Save the inner juice in hollow if possible, adding to chunks.
- Run in blender with lemon juice to form a smooth pulp.
- Add cooled sugar syrup, mix well with a spoon.
- Set mixture in covered container in freezer, till softly set.
- Remove from freezer, beat till smooth, but do not allow to melt.
- Return to container, refreeze.
- Beat again, and return to freezer, till well set.
- Serve scoops garnished with canned cherries or fruit cocktail.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi