• 1.5 cup – all purpose flour/maida
• 1/4 tsp – cooking soda
• 3/4 cup – sour Curd /buttermilk
• Salt to taste
• 3 – green chillies, chopped
• 4 – strands curry leaves, chopped
• 4 tsp – Sugar
• Oil to deep fry
- Sieve cooking soda and maida together and keep it aside.
- In a vessel, add the chopped curry leaves, salt, sugar and chillies. To this add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour mixture and slowly incorporate the curd and mix well.
- The flour should be of pouring consistency.
- Increase the curd if required.
- Do not use water to knead the batter.
- Let the batter rest at least for an hour for the best results.
- Heat the oil on a medium flame; pour one tbsp of batter directly into the oil and you can see it forms a round shape.
- Fry till it becomes brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a tissue to remove the extra oil.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Sushma