• Mango pulp – 4 cups
• Sugar – 2 cups
• Ghee – 1 cup
• Cashewnut – 10 to 15
• Elaichi powder – 3 tsp
• Edible scented Camphor – half a pinch (optional)
- Pour the mango pulp in a thick-bottomed vessel, mash well with a ladle and stir.
- Put the vessel on the flame.
- When the pulp starts to boil, add sugar and stir well.
- Add cashewnuts fried in ghee into the mango mixture and mix well.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, add elaichi powder and the scented camphor.
- Stir continuously, adding ghee bit by bit.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the vessel, remove from the flame and pour onto a greased plate.
- Allow the mixture to cool and cut into pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Rashmi