• 250 g – Mango Ginger
• 50 g – fresh Green chillies
• Lemon – sized ball of Tamarind
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seed
• 1/4 tsp – Methi seeds
• A pinch – asafetida
• Oil to fry
- Wash the mango ginger thoroughly, wipe dry and grate.
- Cut the green chillies finely.
- Extract thick juice from the tamarind ball and keep aside.
- Heat oil, fry the mustard and methi seeds. As the seasoning starts to splutter, add the grated mango ginger and chillies, and fry them.
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida and tamarind extract. Mix well.
- Add salt. Boil well, while continuously stirring, till it becomes thick and the oil separates from the gravy.
- Allow it to cool naturally. Then transfer to a clean, dry glass jar. Close the lid tightly.
Recipe courtesy of Babu Rao