• 2 tbsp – gelatin
• 1 tsp – vanilla essence
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 2 tbsp – icing Sugar
• 1/4 tsp – pink food color
- Soak the gelatine in 1/2 cup cold water and keep aside for some time till it dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, on low heat, melt the sugar in 1/2 a cup of water in a pan.
- Add the dissolved gelatine mixture, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Keep cooking on high heat for about 6 to 8 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, till lukewarm.
- Add the vanilla essence and the food colour and beat well with an egg-beater until thick.
- Pour this mixture into a dish or plate that has been rinsed with cold water.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Cut into squares and then roll in icing sugar.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White