• 2 cups – moong dal
• 1/4 cup – Channa dal
• 4 to 5 – Green chillies
• 1 – large Onion
• 1/2 bunch – coriander
• 1/4 bunch – pudina
• 7 to 8 sprigs – Curry leaves
• Salt to taste
• Oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak moong dal and channa dal separately for 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain the water from both the dals. Grind moong dal to a smooth paste.
- Finely chop chillies, onions, coriander, pudina and curry leaves.
- Mix all the finely chopped vegetables, channa dal and salt to the moong dal paste.
- Heat oil, make patty-shaped rounds. Slip it carefully into the hot oil and fry them on low heat till brown.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney or ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi