Combination of fenugreek leaves and peas, in sweet and sour gravy
1 cup boiled green peas
1/2 cup chopped fresh methi leaves or kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 large onion
2-3 green chilies
1/2 inch ginger
1 tablespoon cashew nut paste (optional)
1/2 cup cream or malai
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 teaspoon mawa
3 teaspoon butter or ghee (clarified butter)
1 tablespoon crushed paneer (cottage cheese) for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Wash methi, drain and press out excess water. Keep aside.
2. Grind onion, green chilli and ginger to a thick paste and keep aside.
3. Heat butter or ghee in a kadhai, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
4. Add onion paste and stir fry until oil separates.
5. Add cashewnut paste, mawa and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add garam masala, black pepper powder, peas, methi leaves and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add salt and sugar.
7. Reduce the heat to low, add cream and mix well. Turn off the heat.
8. Garnish with crushed paneer and serve hot.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes