• 1/2 liter – Milk
• 2 tsp – Rice
• Sugar – 3/4 cup
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 10 – cashew
• Ghee – for frying
- Boil milk in a large cooker.
- Add rice in milk for about 20 mins in a low flame and remove from fire.
- When the steam subsides open and boil again. Add the sugar and stir well.
- Now cook for another 20 mins in a low flame with the weight.
- Open the cooker, when steam subsides, add cardamom and mix well.
- Fry the cashews in ghee and add to the milk kheer.
- Recipe courtesy: Subbu’s Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Subbalakshmi Ranganathan