• For making poli: 1 cup – Maida
• Pinch of – salt
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• Oil – enough to deep fry
• For Sugar syrup:
• Sugar – 1 cup
• Water – as needed
• For flavored milk:
• 1 cup – Milk
• A pinch – Saffron
• Grated Almonds
- Mix maida, ghee and salt in a bowl, gradually add water and knead to a stiff dough.
- Roll out into thin round shapes and then fold it, so that it forms a semi-circle, then roll again. Deep fry it in oil and keep them aside.
- Make sugar syrup of 1 string consistency and dip the fried puris one by one in this syrup, so that both the sides of puri is coated with the syrup.
- For flavoured milk:
- Boil milk with saffron and add cardamom powder.
- Pour this milk over the sugar dipped puris, and garnish it with grated almonds.
- Recipe courtesy: Pachanti