• For dough:
• 1 cup – Wheat flour
• 2 tsp – oil
• Salt to taste
• Water as required
• For stuffing:
• 1 cup – chickpea, soaked for about 4-6 hours
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
- For stuffing:
- Pressure cook chickpea for 4 whistles and drain out excess water.
- Heat ghee and add cooked chickpea into it.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and keep stirring it for nearly 8-10 mins till the stuffing is mushy.
- When it cools make small sized ball from this paste .
- For dough: Blend all the ingredients under “for dough” in a mixing bowl, knead the dough well and allow it to stay for 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
- Now dust the ball with flour, roll it into a small circle and place the stiffing in the centre.
- Seal the edges by pulling the edges together to make a ball.
- Place the ball with sealed side down, flatten with fingers and roll into a circle.
- Heat a skillet and place the puranpoli on it and cook till golden brown.
- Recipe Courtesy: My Own Food Court
Recipe courtesy of Shruthi