• 1 cup – Rice flour
• 1 cup – grated fresh Coconut
• 1 cup – Jaggery or Brown sugar
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Salt – to taste
- Mix sugar, coconut and cardamom powder with a little water in a pan and keep stirring until it is thick and can be made to balls. Keep it aside.
- Then mix rice flour, salt and little water in a pan and keep stirring until it forms to a right consistency.
- It should not be sticking to the pan, and with your hand you should be able to make balls.
- Take some cooked rice flour mix and spread it in the size of a small poori (like the ones used for pani pooris), put some sugar-coconut mixture inside and close it.
- Make some 10-15 of them at a time. In a pressure cooker, put water at the bottom, keep a plate and put these on them, cook at high for 10 mins.
- Then take them out, keep aside, serve with ghee on top.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi