• Handful – Tamarind
• 1 tbsp – Mustard
• 2 tsps. – Dhania
• 1 tsp – Tur dal
• 1/2 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Pepper(whole)
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds(jeera)
• 4 – Red Chillies
• A little Asafoetida
• 1 tbsp – Oil
• Salt to taste
- Soak a handful of tamarind in water. Keep it aside.
- Fry mustard, dhania, tuvar dal, urad dal, pepper, jeera, red chillies and asafoetida in a little oil.
- After it cools down, grind it with a little water into a paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry mustard seeds in them.
- When they begin to pop, add tamarind water (kept aside earlier) and heat.
- When it boils, add the paste and salt.
- Remove from fire when it becomes thick.
- Mix with rice and eat.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi