• 2 cups – cashews – 1.5 cups for powder, 1/2 cup – for topping
• 1 cup – dark Molasses
• 80 ml – water
• 1 tbsp – unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
- Powder 1.5 cups cashew nuts.
- Chop 1/2 cup of cashews and dry roast them till they become crunchy.
- Grease a tray and set aside.
- Mix cocoa powder with 4 tbsp water and set aside
- Mix molasses with water, add cardamom powder to it and stir well.
- On a low flame boil the molasses, add cocoa powder mix and stir well.
- Continue to boil the molasses mix till it reaches a 1 string consistency.
- Add the cashew powder and mix well and add ghee. Let the mix boil till it reaches a firm ball consistency. Transfer this to the greased plate and spread it evenly.
- Grease hands, drop the chopped cashews on the plate and tuck them in.
- Set for 20 mins, with a greased knife cut into desired shapes.
- Allow it to cool fully.
- Recipe courtesy: Swasthi’s Indian Food Blog