• 3 cups – yellow moong dal
• 1/2 cup – Curd
• 10 to 12 – Curry leaves
• a pinch – baking powder
• a pinch – Asafoetida
• Red Chilli powder (to taste)
• 1/2 tsp – eno fruit salt
• 3 to 4 – green chillies, cut lengthwise
• salt (to taste)
• 1 tsp – mustard
- Soak the dal for 2-3 hours. Grind the dal into a thick paste using very little water.
- Then add 1/2 cup curd, asafoetida and salt to the batter. Mix the batter well and let it stand for 1/2 hour.
- Grease the dhokla stand with a little oil.
- Add eno fruit salt to the batter, mix it and pour into the dhokla tray. Steam for 20 minutes.
- When the dhoklas are done, remove and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into squares.
- In a kadai, heat a little oil and add the mustard. When they start to crackle, add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add the dhokla pieces to it and gently turn to coat them.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves. and enjoy with mint chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Jyoti Sharma