• 1- cup Moong dal
• 1/2 – cup Rice
• 3-4 Green chillies
• 1/2 inch – Ginger
• A few Coriander leaves
• 1/2 cup – Yogurt
• A little water for grinding
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp eno fruit salt
- Soak the moong dal and the rice together for two to three hours. Grind it to a coarse consistency along with green chillies, ginger and yogurt.
- Add water little by little till it comes to the consistency of idli dough.
- Grease a shallow cake tin or thali before pouring the dough onto the thali.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and the eno fruit salt to the dough.
- Steam it in a kadai for 10-15 minutes.
- Cover the kadai with a lid after it is cooked.
- Remove and cool it.
- Cut it into squares and move it to a decorated serving platter.
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Add one tsp of mustard seeds.
- When it crackles, remove and pour it on the dhoklas.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the dhoklas with either mint chutney or coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Radhika