• 1 – raw banana, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1 – large tomato, chopped into big chunks
• 2 cups – curd, whipped for a minute in a blender
• 1 cup – grated fresh coconut, ground to a smooth paste, adding a little water
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 15 – Curry leaves
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Fenugreek (methi) seeds
• 1 – whole red chilli, broken into 3 pieces
• 2 tsp – oil
• Salt as desired
- Put the vegetables in a heavy-bottom vessel.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 7 curry leaves and salt.
- Pour enough water so as to immerse the banana and tomato pieces, and cook.
- When the banana pieces are cooked but still firm, add the whipped curd to it and keep stirring to avoid the mixture from curdling.
- When it starts boiling, add the coconut paste.
- Check the salt, adding a little if needed, and allow it to boil, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat.
- Heat oil in a small pan, and add the mustard and fenugreek.
- When they splutter, add the remaining curry leaves and red chilli.
- Stir for a few seconds and pour into the curry.
- Allow it to cool down to room temperature and serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi