• Soak these in water for 2 hours:
• 1/2 cup – mung dal (yellow)
• 1 cup – boiled Rice or Sona masoori Rice
• 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• Other Ingredients: 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida
• 1 – Red Chilli
• Curry leaves
• 1 – Green chilli chopped
• 1 tsp – chopped Ginger
• 1/3 cup – sour yogurt
- After soaking the dal and rice, rinse and grind along with red chilli, salt and asafoetida with some water to a coarse paste. The batter should be of dosa batter consistency – neither too thick nor too thin. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a flat griddle.
- Spread some oil.
- When the griddle is hot, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it in circular fashion.
- Drizzle oil around the corners.
- When one side turns golden brown, flip and cook the other side.
- Recipe courtesy: Indian Vegetarian Kitchen