• 1 tbsp – cooking oil
• 1 bunch – spring onion, finely chopped
• 2 – green chillies, slit lengthwise or 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder ( or to taste )
• 2 tbsp – grated Coconut (optional)
• 2 eggs, beat well
• 3/4 tsp – salt ( or to taste )
- Beat eggs well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or karahi on a medium heat.
- Add chopped spring onion. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium heat for 7 minutes until done – well cooked.
- The quantity of the spring onion will reduce to half.
- Add slit green chillies or red chilli powder, turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Stir on a low heat for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add grated coconut (optional) and stir well on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs, salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until done – egg well cooked – blended with all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle extra pepper powder if required.
- Open the lid and stir continuously for another 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish with rice, chapatti, ghee rice or pulao.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya