• 3/4 kg – Mutton
• 2 – Onions
• 6 – Green chillies
• Curry leaves
• 1 tbsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1 – Tomato (chopped or pureed)
• 1.5 tsp Garam Masala (ground cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, whole pepper)
• 1.5 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• a pinch of Turmeric
- Marinate mutton with 1/2 tsp chilli powder and enough salt for 1-2 hours.
- Fry chopped onions, chillies, curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste.
- After a few minutes, add garam masala.
- When onions are cooked, add coriander powder, chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix well. Add tomato puree and saute for 2 mins.
- Put mutton with masala in the cooker and add some water.
- After a whistle, lower the flame and let it cook for 10 mins.
- After the steam dissipates, open pressure cooker and serve.
- To make gravy, add coconut milk and let the meat simmer in it for a few minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Alison Pinto