• 2 cups – besan (channa dal flour)
• 1 – medium onion, grated or chopped
• 2 – green chillies, chopped
• 1 Clove – garlic, grated
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tsp – Lime juice
• Salt, to taste
• Cilantro, chopped
• 1 cup – oil or Cooking Spray
- Put the besan in a big bowl, add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, jeera and mix it well.
- Now add onion, green chillies, garlic, cilantro and lime juice
- Mix this mixture by gradually adding water to form a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle. Grease with oil.
- On low heat, pour one big spoon of batter and spread to a thin round shape (just like traditional dosa).
- Pour a little oil around its edges and when the underside turns golden, turn over the chilla.
- Remove from the griddle when both the sides turn golden.
- Serve the chilla hot, with chutney, ketchup or pickles.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi