• 2 pkts – frozen Spinach (1 lb. fresh)
• 1 pkt – mixed vegetables (16 ounce)(carrot, pea, bean, and corn)
• 2 – medium-sized Onions (chopped)
• Garlic (according to your taste)
• 2 – small cans Tomato sauce (or from fresh Tomato 1 lb.)
• 16 ounces – ricotta cheese (or paneer)
• Spices – coriander powder, Turmeric powder, chilli powder, and Garam Masala – according to taste
• 2 tsp – vegetables oil
• Ginger (chopped)
• Green pepper (chopped)
• Raisins and Cashew nuts (according to taste)
- Thaw the spinach for two hours (chop fresh spinach and put it in the pressure cooker till you hear one whistle).
- Take a saucepan, warm the oil and add raisins, cashewnuts, garlic, pepper, ginger, onions into the pan.
- Cook the mixture until the onions turn brown.
- Now add ricotta cheese, spinach, mixed vegetables, salt into the pan and cover it. Let it cook.
- Now add spices and mix well.
- Add tomato sauce and cook until mixture becomes dry again.
- Now it is ready to serve with naan, chapatti, or paratha.
Recipe courtesy of Ila Lohia