• 4-6 – medium-sized Carrots (red or Orange ones)
• 6-8 flakes – Garlic
• 3 – Green chillies
• a bunch of Coriander leaves
• juice of half a Lemon
• a pinch of Sugar
• salt to taste
• a pinch of Mustard Seeds
• a pinch of Asafoetida
• a pinch of Turmeric
• 1 tsp – oil
- Wash the carrots and grate them.
- Chop the chillies, coriander and the garlic flakes.
- Pour the carrot, garlic, chillies, coriander, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadhai. Add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, put off the flame.
- Add asafoetida and turmeric. Add this mixture to the salad bowl. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Noopur