• 170g – flour
• 6 – eggs
• 230g – Sugar
• 8 tbsp – Butter
• 1.5 tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 cup – Cashew nuts (chopped)
• 1.5 tsp – instant coffee powder (dissolved in 3 tsp water)
• 1.5 tsp – vanilla essence
• 1 tsp – Butter (for greasing the cake tin)
• 1/2 tsp – flour (for dusting the cake tin)
- Sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Add half the sugar to the yolks and beat it well till it is creamy.
- Beat the egg whites till it is stiff, gradually adding the remaining sugar while beating it.
- Add the egg white and sugar mixture to the egg yolk-sugar mixture and blend it well.
- Add the flour, spoon by spoon and mix it again.
- Add in the melted butter, coffee powder, vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Grease a large cake tin with butter and dust it with flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into the tin and evenly sprinkle nuts on them.
- Bake at 200 degree C in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Insert a knife in the centre to check if the cake is done.
- If the knife comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let it cool and then remove it.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja