• 1 Cup Basmati or Long Grain Rice
• 2 Cups Water
• 3/4 cup finely chopped Onion
• 2-3 Green chillies (made into paste)
• 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
• 2 tbsp Cumin seeds
• 1/2 cup Palak paste (boil Palak with water and make thick paste after it cools)
• 1 tbsp Lemon juice
• Salt to taste
- In a pan, put a little oil. When it is hot, fry onion, ginger-garlic paste and cumin seeds till onion becomes light brown.
- Add green chilli paste, fry for 1-2 mins, then add palak paste.
- In the meantime, cook one cup long grain rice or basmati.
- When it is done and add cold mix the rice to fried mixture and keep on the stove for 1-2 mins.
- Remove, add lemon juice, mix well and serve hot with raitha.
Recipe courtesy of Nagaveni